Using USC Email Lookup with Thunderbird (Mac)
This document contains directions on how to configure Thunderbird for Mac to use USC's LDAP email lookup server, gds.usc.edu.
Setting Up a New Directory Service
- From the Tools menu, select Account Settings.
- Select Composition & Addressing from the menu on the left-hand side of the screen.
- In the Addressing section of the Account Settings window, select Use a different LDAP server.
- Click Edit Directories....
- On the Select an LDAP Directory Server: screen, click Add.
- On the General tab:
- For Name: enter USC Directory Service.
- For Hostname:, enter
- For Base DN: enter
- For Port number: enter
- Click Ok to add the new server entry and click Ok once again to return to the Options window.
- Now you can select USC Directory Server from the Directory Server drop-down menu.
- Once you have selected USC Directory Server from the Directory Server drop-down menu, click Ok to finish.
If you have questions, please contact the Customer Support Center at 213-740-5555 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
August 08, 2012