Advanced USC Web Mail Features
To file or move messages from one folder to another:
- Select the messages that you want to file:
- To select a message, click the checkbox in the Select column to insert a checkmark.
- To deselect a message, click the checkbox in the Select column to remove the checkmark.
- To select all messages, click the Select All button in the lower left corner of the window. A checkmark will appear in the Select column for all messages listed on the page.
- To deselect all messages, click the Deselect All button to remove any checkmarks from messages listed on the page.
Your messages are filed in the folder you selected.
Note: If you want to save a message on your local disk, you have to cut and paste the text and then save it to a file on the local disk.
You can search for a specific message using search criteria and keywords that you enter. For example, you can search for a message in a folder by subject, sender, recipient or certain text.
- From within any email folder, click the Search icon.
- Narrow the scope of your search by selecting the folder where the message resides from the Search dropdown list.
- Specify the search criteria for your search:
- From the left dropdown list, select the part of the message that you want to search. For example: Sender, Subject, Body or Recipient.
- From the middle dropdown list, select whether you want to search for message criteria that contain your keyword or phrase ("contains") or that do not contain your keyword or phrase ("does not contain").
- In the blank text field at right, type the keywords or phrases for which you wish to search.
- Click the Search button.
Messages that match the search criteria are listed in the box below the search criteria.
The Delete, Undelete, Expunge and Move messages to folder: functions are available to you in this window for use with your search results. These options function the same as they do in a normal USC Web Mail window. The message content can be viewed by clicking the subject line in the search results.
Messages in the Inbox, Sent Mail, Trash and Draft windows can be sorted in descending or ascending order:
- chronologically by date received/sent,
- alphabetically by sender/recipient name,
- by message size,
- by subject, or
- by read or unread status.
By default, messages are sorted chronologically with the oldest received messages at the beginning of the list.
To change the message sort order, click the up/down triangle icon next to the title of the column you wish to sort by. For example, to sort by date received in ascending order, click the triangles next to Received until there is one black triangle pointing up. To sort in descending order, click the triangle again until the black triangle points down.
August 14, 2012