Setting Vacation Messages Using USC Web Mail
The Vacation Message enables your email account to automatically reply to incoming messages. While this feature is enabled, you will still be receiving your email. Follow the steps below to activate or deactivate the sending of vacation messages and to write the message you want sent in response to email messages while you are away.
- Click the Options tab.
- Click the Vacation Message link on the left panel.
- To turn your vacation message on, check the Enable automatic vacation reply checkbox. To turn your vacation message off, uncheck the checkbox.
- Type a start date and end date for your vacation message. The start date is the date you wish to begin automatically sending your vacation message, and the end date should be the date you want the vacation email to stop.
- In the Number of days between replies to repeat senders: text box, type the number of days after which you would like a reply sent to a repeat email sender. This means a sender will receive one vacation reply, no matter how many messages he sends to you, during the time period you specify.
- In the Subject: field, type a subject for your vacation message or you may leave it blank. You may also type $SUBJECT in this field. Doing this will cause the subject of your vacation message to a particular email sender to be the same as the subject of the message that they sent to you.
- In the The following text will be included in your vacation message to internal senders:text box, type your internal vacation message. Internal messages are sent to users in the same domain (usc.edu).
In the The following text will be included in your vacation message: text box, type your external vacation message. External messages are sent to all other users (other than users in the usc.edu domain).
These messages are sent only when the checkbox to enable vacation messages is checked.
- Click Save Changes.
August 14, 2012