Setting Up Outlook 2010 for Use with Google Apps at USC
This page provides instructions for setting up Outlook 2010 for use with your Google Apps at USC email account.
You will need to enable IMAP or POP access on your Google Apps at USC email account in order to check your email through Outlook 2010. ITS strongly recommends the use of the IMAP protocol and provides configuration documentation for that protocol only. For information about POP3 and IMAP, see the IMAP and POP Comparison page.
Setting Up IMAP Access
- Go to google.usc.edu and click Gmail.
- Click Settings at the top the Gmail page.
- Click the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab.
- Choose Enable IMAP in the IMAP Access section.
- Click Save Changes.
Creating a New Account
If you are running Outlook 2010 for the first time, Outlook will launch the New Account wizard. The steps below assume that you are not running your Outlook program for the first time. If you are, you can use the information provided below to work with the wizard.
To create a new email account, perform the following steps:
- In Outlook, click the Add Account button from the File menu.
- In the Add New Account window, select Manually configure server settings or additional server types and click Next.
- In the next window, choose Internet E-mail and click Next.
- In the next window, fill in the following information as shown in the picture.
- In the Your Name text box, enter your name as you want it to appear in outgoing messages (for example, Tommy Trojan).
- In the Email Address box, enter your USC email address (for example, firstname.lastname@example.org). Outlook will automatically fill in a value in the User Name box. You will need to add @usc.edu to that username for your Google Apps at USC email account.
- In the Account Type window, select IMAP and click Next.
- In the Incoming mail server box, enter imap.gmail.com.
- In the Outgoing mail server box, enter smtp.gmail.com.
- Click the More Settings button, where you may enter a name for your account under the General tab.
- In the Outgoing Server tab, check the box that says My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication and make sure the option Use the same settings as my incoming mail server is selected.
- In the Advanced tab, make sure you select SSL from the drop-down box for Incoming server (IMAP) and TLS for Outgoing server (SMTP).
- Click OK.
- Click the Next button, then Finish to close the Email Accounts window.
NOTE: You will need to enter your Google password in order to check your Google Apps at USC email.