ResNet HSC Support
ResNet, USC's residential network, provides users with network connectivity in residence halls, Leavey Library and some academic buildings.
ResNet support by Housing includes:
- Assisting users with registering their Media Access Control (MAC) address.
- Supporting the wiring from the local network switch to the ResNet jack in the user's room.
- Troubleshooting connectivity problems for both Macintosh and Windows computers, and any future ITS supported operating systems.
- Assisting in user computer configurations for both Macintosh and Windows computers, and any future ITS supported operating systems.
- Any additional service USC Housing is equipped and prepared to provide.
ITS is second and third level support for USC Housing; ITS will not provide direct support to ResNet users in USC Housing maintained locations. USC Housing will provide all support for their ResNet users short of policy and larger network issues (i.e., network switch issues or campus-wide network outages). From an agreement between Housing and ITS, Housing will escalate problems to ITS that they are unable to resolve per documented procedures, and ITS has committed to respond to Housing regarding these properly escalated problems within 24 business hours.
Support for users who do not live in USC housing
If you do not live in USC Housing, to get help with your Resnet connection, contact ITS's Customer Support Center at 213-740-5555 or firstname.lastname@example.org . ITS does not offer 24-hour support for ResNet. Any questions or problems individual users may have outside of general business hours will be handled the next business day.
ResNet support by ITS includes:
- Assisting users with registering their MAC address
- Supporting the wiring from the local network switch to the ResNet jack in the building where the user is located.
- Troubleshooting connectivity problems for both Macintosh and Windows computers, and any future ITS-supported operating systems.
- Assisting in user computer configurations for both Macintosh and Windows computers, and any other operating systems supported in the future by ITS.
Policies and security for all ResNet users
ITS and USC Housing expect all of their users to be familiar with and to follow the policies and guidelines set forth by the university and ITS. Users take full responsibility for the security and use of your computer and any other devices you connect to the USC Network. Use of an anti-virus program is highly recommended.
Applications and resources support for all ResNet users
All the applications and resources that you intend to use or access via ResNet may not work to your expectation. Access to proprietary or non-ITS supported servers, networks or resources cannot be guaranteed or supported.