Windows Installation for MATLAB R2013a (Faculty/Staff)
This page will provide instructions for USC faculty and staff on how to install and activate the MATLAB R2013a client for both 32- and 64-bit Windows operating systems.
- The latest version of the Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8 operating systems (32- or 64-bit)
- 512 MB of RAM (32-bit) or 1 GB of RAM (64-bit)
- 2 GB of disk space (32-bit) or 2.1 GB of disk space (64-bit)
NOTE: The MATLAB program is very large and should only be downloaded using a high-speed Internet connection.
- Download MATLAB R2013a x86 (Staff) for a 32-bit operating system or MATLAB R2013a x64 (Staff) for a 64-bit operating system from the Software Download page. Please note the USC activation key included on the download link. You will need to use this key during the activation process if you do not already have a MathWorks account.
- Locate the downloaded file, MatlabR2013a-win32-staff.zip for 32-bit or MatlabR2013a-win64-staff.zip for 64-bit, on your desktop and double-click it to unzip and expand the folder.
- Open the expanded folder and double-click the installer file to begin installation.
- On the MathWorks Installer screen, choose Install using the Internet and click Next.
- On the License Agreement screen, read the agreement and choose Yes.
- Click Next.
- On the Provide Installation Information screen, if you already have a Mathworks account, choose Login to my Mathworks Account and enter your USC email address and your MathWorks password. Click Next.
- Choose I need to create an Account (Requires an Activation Key) and then click Next.
- On the Account Creation screen, enter the following information:
- In the E-mail address field, enter your USC email address.
- In the Retype E-mail address field, re-enter your USC email address.
- In the Password field, choose a password for your MathWorks account.
- In the Retype Password field, re-enter the password you just choose.
- In the First Name field, enter your first name.
- In the Last Name field, enter your last name.
- In the Activation key field, enter the activation key that was supplied at the download link.
- Click Next.
- On the License Selection screen, choose Select a license and make sure the Total Academic Headcount Campus - TAH Designated Computer license is highlighted in the middle of the screen.
- Click Next.
- On the Installation Type screen, choose Typical.
- The Folder Selection screen will appear and ask you in which folder you would like to install MATLAB. Choose a folder and click Next.
- The Confirmation screen will appear with your chosen installation settings. Review these settings and click Install to install MATLAB.
- The Product Configuration Notes screen will appear. Please read these notes and click Next.
NOTE: If you do not have a Mathworks account:
NOTE: Installation may take 20 minutes or longer to complete, depending on your computer. Please do not close the installer during this process.
Once installation has finished, you will see the Installation Complete screen. Make sure that Activate MATLAB is checked and click Next to begin activating MATLAB.
- The Activate MathWorks Software screen will appear. Click Next.
- On the MathWorks Software Activation screen, click Next.
- On the Activation Key screen, enter the USC activation key you found on the download page and then click Next.
- On the Confirmation screen, confirm the activation settings and click Activate.
- On the Activation Complete screen, click Finish to complete the activation process.
For problems or questions related to the installation or activation of MATLAB, please contact the Customer Support Center at 213-740-5555 or email email@example.com.
For problems or questions regarding using MATLAB, please see the Help Menu in MATLAB or contact your instructor or teaching assistant.
June 06, 2013