Configuring Apple Mail for Office 365 (Mac)
This page provides instructions on configuring Apple Mail for Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard), Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion), and Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion) to access your Office 365 account.
Mail Tutorials on Apple.com
Apple.com has several video tutorials that cover how to get the most out of using this program, including how to create email filters or rules.
Configuring Your Account
- Open Mail.
- Go to the Mail menu, and select Preferences.
- To add an account, click the "+" symbol in the lower left-hand corner of the screen.
- On the Add Account screen, enter your account information:
- In the Full Name field, enter your name as you want it to appear on your emails.
- In the E-mail Address field, enter your USC email address (e.g., email@example.com).
- In the Password field, enter the password for your email account.
- Click Continue.
- On the Account Summary screen, click Create.
Accessing USC Email Lookup
You can configure Apple Mail to access the USC Global Directory Service (GDS) in order to find USC faculty, staff, or student email addresses. For information on how to configure this email lookup service, see the Using USC Email Lookup with Apple Mail page.
For assistance configuring your email client for Office 365, please call the ITS Customer Support Center at 213-740-5555 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.