Configuring Outlook 2010 for Office 365 (Windows)
This page provides instructions on how to configure Outlook 2010 to access your Office 365 account.
Outlook Tutorials on Lynda.com
Lynda.com has several video tutorials that cover how to get the most out of using this program, including information about contacts and creating email filters or rules.
You will need to log into lynda.com, using your USC username and password, before accessing these videos. To log in, go to www.usc.edu/its/lynda and click the “Log in to Lynda.com” button.
Configuring Your Account
- Click the Start button.
- In Windows XP and Windows 7, choose Control Panel. In Windows Vista, choose Settings and then Control Panel.
- Click the Mail icon. You may need to switch to Icon View (Windows 7) or Classic View (Windows XP and Vista) to see this icon.
- Click Email Accounts.
- On the Account Settings window, click New.
- On the Add New Account window, choose E-mail and click Next.
- On the Add New E-mail Account window, fill in your information:
- In the Your Name field, enter your name as you want it to appear on your emails.
- In the E-mail Address field, enter your USC email address.
- In the Password field, enter your USC password. Re-enter the password in the Retype Password field.
- Click Next.
- Wait for Outlook to find your server. This could take a few minutes.
- Click Finish once Outlook has completed configuring your Office 365 account.
- Click OK to close the Mail Delivery Location pop-up window.
- Click Close twice to exit the account creation process.
- Open Outlook as normal.
Note: The next time you open Outlook, the program may take some time to synchronize your mail folders.
Accessing USC Email Lookup
You can configure Outlook 2010 to access the USC Global Directory Service (GDS) in order to find USC faculty, staff, or student email addresses. For information on how to configure this email lookup service, see the Using USC Email Lookup with Outlook 2010 page.
For assistance configuring your email client for Office 365, please call the ITS Customer Support Center at 213-740-5555 or send an email to email@example.com.