Configuring Outlook 2011 for Office 365 (Mac)
This page provides instructions on configuring Outlook 2011 for Mac to access your Office 365 account.
Outlook Tutorials on Lynda.com
Lynda.com has several video tutorials that cover how to get the most out of using this program, including how to import your address book from your old email account and how to set up email filters or rules on your new account.
You will need to log into lynda.com, using your USC username and password, before accessing these videos. To log in, go to www.usc.edu/its/lynda and click the “Log in to Lynda.com” button.
Configuring Your Account
To add a new Exchange account in Outlook 2011 for Mac:
- Launch Outlook 2011 (Mac).
- From the Tools menu, select Accounts.
- On the Add an Account screen, click Exchange Account.
- If you do not see the Exchange Account option, click the "+" symbol in the lower left-hand corner to open the pull-down menu. Choose Exchange from this pull-down menu.
- On the Enter your Exchange account information screen, enter the following information:
- In the E-mail address field, enter your USC email address (e.g., email@example.com).
- From the Method pull-down menu, choose User Name and Password.
- In the User name field, enter your USC email address (e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org).
- In the Password field, enter your USC password.
- Check the box next to Configure Automatically.
- Click Add Account to finish configuring your account.
Accessing USC Email Lookup
You can configure Outlook 2011 for Mac to access the USC Global Directory Service (GDS) in order to find USC faculty, staff, or student email addresses. For information on how to configure this email lookup service, see the Using USC Email Lookup with Outlook 2011 for Mac page.
For assistance configuring your email client for Office 365, please call the ITS Customer Support Center at 213-740-5555 or send an email to email@example.com.