Configuring Outlook 2013 for Office 365 (Windows)
This page provides instructions on how to configure Outlook 2013 to access your Office 365 account using Exchange.
Email Systems at USC
There are several email systems currently in use at USC in additional to Office 365. To help ensure that you are able to access the correct information for your email system, see our Email Overview page for complete descriptions and links to documentation, or click a link below.
Outlook Tutorials on Lynda.com
Lynda.com has several video tutorials that cover how to get the most out of using this program, including information about contacts and creating email filters or rules.
You will need to log into lynda.com, using your USC username and password, before accessing these videos. To log in, go to www.usc.edu/its/lynda and click the “Log in to Lynda.com” button.
Configuring Your Account
- Open Outlook 2013.
- If the Microsoft Outlook 2013 Startup wizard displays automatically:
- On the first page of the wizard, click Next.
- On the E-mail Accounts page of the wizard, click Next again to access the Add Account screen.
- If the Microsoft Outlook 2013 Startup wizard doesn't appear:
- On the Outlook 2013 toolbar, click the File tab.
- Above the Account Settings button, click Add Account.
- In the Your Name field, enter your name as you want it to appear on your emails.
- In the E-mail Address field, enter your USC email address.
- In the Password field, enter your USC password. Re-enter the password in the Retype Password field.
- Click Next.
Note: The next time you open Outlook, the program may take some time to synchronize your mail folders.
For assistance configuring your email client for Office 365, please call the ITS Customer Support Center at 213-740-5555 or send an email to email@example.com.
November 04, 2013