Office 365 Upgrade to Wave 15
Microsoft has completed the upgrade of the ITS instance of the Office 365 system to a new version that Microsoft has named “Wave 15.”
This page will explain the new features available in Wave 15 and some configuration changes that may affect your Office 365 experience.
New Features of Office 365 Wave 15
Here are some of the new features available in the Wave 15 version of Office 365:
- Increased mailbox storage. Your Office 365 account storage spaces doubles, from 25 to 50 gigabytes.
- Improved webmail. The web-based email client, Outlook Web App (OWA), has been redesigned for Microsoft's Metro user interface. Read more.
- Mobile app for iOS devices. Users with iPhones and iPads can now download a full-featured email and calendar app for their devices. Read more.
- Offline Access to the Outlook Web App (OWA). In Wave 15, you can access OWA on your laptop or desktop computer even when you are not connected to the Internet. Read more.
The most noticeable differences in Wave 15 will be in the look and feel of OWA. Several new features have been added, such as enhanced mail search and easier filter and attachment creation. For an explanation of these changes, see Microsoft’s What's New in Outlook Web App page.
Changes to IMAP Email Access in Wave 15
If you access Office 365 through the Internet Message Access Protocol (IMAP), you may need to reconfigure your email clients and mobile devices after the upgrade.
- For information on configuring your mobile device to access Office 365 using IMAP, see the Configuring Your Mobile Device for Office 365 web page.
- For information on configuring your email client to access Office 365 using IMAP, see the Configuring Your Email Client web page.
If you encounter any problems with connecting to or using any Office 365 function after the upgrade, please contact the ITS Customer Support Center at 213-740-5555 or send an email to email@example.com.
November 22, 2013