Server Colocation without Support (Rack Space)
USC schools, departments and other units are welcome to co-locate their servers in the ITS data center. Colocation space is available in full rack configurations. Any kind of servers may be placed in these racks.
Customers are responsible for all systems management, monitoring, and hardware and software maintenance of the servers in their rack space if they choose to use this service which comes without server support.
Customers who have purchased ITS rack space can also choose to have ITS manage the servers in their rack. For more information on this service see Server Colocation with Server Support.
ITS can customize each of these service offerings to meet the specific needs of each customer.
Rack Space Service Description
- Any kind of servers may be placed in a rack - as long as these servers do not require support from ITS.
- No server management services are included in this basic rack space service.
- ITS will purchase and install all new racks needed by customers.
- Racks must be located in the area of the ITS data center designated for colocated servers.
- Customers must agree to controlled access for a designated number of individuals in the data center and provide updates as necessary to ITS.
- The monthly rack space fee includes one (1) 20-amp circuit with eight (8) 110-volt outlets.
- Customers must pay for installation of ethernet ports for each of the servers in their rack.
Costs for Rack Space
How to Request ITS Rack SpaceTo initiate a request for ITS Server Colocation without support (Rack Space) please:
- Review the service level agreement example below which contains terms and conditions specific to this service.
- All customers who wish to purchase server colocation services from ITS must sign a Service Level Agreement(SLA). This agreement contains detailed terms and conditions that apply to our co-location service.
- Example Server Colocation without Support (Rack Space) Service Level Agreement (PDF)
- Please complete the Server Colocation Request Form
After receiving your request ITS will contact you within two business days to schedule a time to review your requirements. Once this review is completed ITS will create a formal server support agreement, customized to your exact needs. This agreement must be signed by the appropriate level of management in ITS and your organization.
How to Add or Remove Equipment
If you would like to add equipment to or remove equipment from your rack, please complete the USC-ITS Co-location Property Addition & Removal form.
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
May 31, 2011