Desktop Computer Support
Desktop support is not provided by ITS. It may be available through the unit's local IT services or purchased from an outside vendor.
The university's purchasing office has selected CNS Computer as a recommended vendor for desktop support for PCs and printers. Units can find contact information for CNS Computer through the USC purchasing department or by calling the ITS Customer Support Center at 213-740-5555.
Desktop Support includes:
- Any hardware-related issues
- Any onsite assistance
- Installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of operating system software
- Specialized and/or private networks
- Installation and use of software not provided by ITS
- Data loss/recovery due to personal machine hardware or system failure
- Printers connected directly to a computer, including shared printers
- Virus removal
More information on ITS supported operating systems and applications can be found at Application and Operating System Support Levels page.
August 13, 2007