Uninstalling the Novell Client from Windows XP
On April 8, 2014, Microsoft will stop supporting Windows XP, and no further security patches and bug fixes for Windows XP will be issued. This will make computers running Windows XP extremely vulnerable to malicious attack and the deletion of programs and files. For this reason, ITS recommends that all Windows XP users upgrade as soon as possible to Windows 8.1. Windows 8.1 is the most recent Microsoft release and runs more quickly on older computers than Vista or Windows 7.
You will need to uninstall the Novell Client for Windows before configuring your computer to connect to the new SANDS server. This page provides instructions on uninstalling the Novell client on a computer that is running the Windows XP operating system.
Uninstalling the Novell Client
Follow the steps below to uninstall the Novell Client.
- From the Start menu, go to the Control Panel.
- From the Control Panel, select Network Connections.
- Right-click the Local Area Network Connection and select Properties.
- Select the Client for Novell Networks and then select Uninstall.
- A dialog box will ask the following question: Uninstalling a component removes it from all network connections. Are you sure you want to uninstall Novell Client for Windows?. Click Yes to continue.
- Restart your computer to complete the process of uninstalling the client.
Note: Your Windows workstation password will be set to your old SANDS password. This password will be used to protect your local workstation in the future.
If you need assistance uninstalling this software, please contact the ITS Customer Support Center at 213-740-5555 or send an email to email@example.com.
February 23, 2011