Configuring SANDS for Windows
This page provides instructions on configuring your Storage Application and Network Data Services (SANDS) account to connect to the new SANDS server.
This page also provides instructions on removing the Novell client, which was formerly used to access SANDS, and resetting the password for your active directory account. These instructions are for Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP operating systems.
Please note that you will need to uninstall the Novell client and reset your active directory password before configuring your computer to connect to the new SANDS server.
Uninstalling the Novell Client
Before you can connect to SANDS, you will need to uninstall the Novell client. Choose the appropriate link below.
- Uninstalling the Novell Client from Windows XP
- Uninstalling the Novell Client from Windows Vista and Windows 7
Resetting Your Active Directory Password
Before you can connect to SANDS, you will need to reset your password for your active directory account. To reset this password, please visit the ADS Password Management page.
In order to connect to SANDS from your Windows computer (Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7), you will need to download, install, and configure the SANDS Network Mapper tool.
Downloading and Installing SANDS Network Mapper 1.5.1
To download and install the SANDS Network Mapper tool:
- Log in to software.usc.edu, choose your operating system from the list, and then scroll to the Viewers and Utilities section.
- From the Viewers and Utilities section, double-click the SANDS Network Mapper 1.5.1 to begin downloading.
- Double-click the SANDS Network Mapper 1.5.1 file to install the software.
- Restart your computer to complete the installation.
Configuring the SANDS Network Mapper Tool
- Double-click the SANDSMapper v1.5 icon on your desktop to launch the SANDS Network Mapper tool.
- In the Username field, enter your USC username, e.g. ttrojan.
- in the Password field, enter the ADS password that you reset at the ADS Password Management page.
- Click Map Drives.
- Click the drive name to access your files.
For assistance uninstalling Novell, resetting your ADS password, connecting to the SANDS Network Mapper Tool, or accessing any of your SANDS files, please contact the ITS Customer Support Center at 213-740-5555 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.