Installing Sophos Endpoint Security 9.7 (Home and Mobile) for Windows 7
This document will explain how USC faculty, staff and students can install Sophos Endpoint Security 9.7 (Home and Mobile) on computers running Windows XP, Vista, or 7. This software is intended for installation on laptops and computers connected to USC wireless networks and home computers.
USC faculty and staff who wish to install Sophos Endpoint Security on computers that are connected to the USC wired network should refer to our documentation on installing Sophos Endpoint Security on on-campus computers for information on the Sophos Endpoint Security 10.2 (Campus).
Downloading and Installing the Sophos Endpoint Security 9.7 (Home and Mobile)
- Download Sophos Endpoint Security 9.7 (Home and Mobile) from software.usc.edu.
- Exit all active applications.
- Locate the Sophos_9.7_UNMNG.exe file and double-click it to launch the installer.
- Sophos will remove any previously installed antivirus software from your computer at this point. Please note, this process can take a few minutes to complete.
- When the Sophos Endpoint Security 9.7 (Home and Mobile) software has been installed, a small blue shield will appear in the system tray, usually found in the bottom right-hand corner of your screen.
- Restart your computer to complete the installation.
NOTE: The first scan you run using Sophos may take up to 30 minutes to complete. Later scans should complete in a much shorter span of time.
If you need any assistance with installing or using Sophos Endpoint Security, please call the ITS Customer Support Center at 213-740-5555 or send an email to email@example.com.
September 25, 2013