Installing Sophos Endpoint Security 9.7 (Campus) for Windows XP/Vista/7
This document will explain how USC faculty and staff can install Sophos Endpoint Security 9.7 (Campus) on computers running Windows XP/Vista/7. This software—available only to USC faculty and staff—is intended for desktop computers connected to the USC wired network.
USC students and USC faculty and staff who wish to install Sophos on their laptops and home computers should refer to our documentation on installing Sophos Endpoint Security on off-campus computers for information on the Sophos Endpoint Security 9.7 (Home and Mobile) software.
Downloading and Installing the Sophos Endpoint Security 9.7 (Campus)
- Download Sophos Endpoint Security 9.7 (Campus) from software.usc.edu.
- Exit all active applications.
- Locate the Sophos_9.7_MNG.exe file and double-click it to launch the installer.
- On the Setup - Sophos Endpoint Security and Control screen, click Next.
- Sophos will remove any existing antivirus software from your computer at this point. Please note, this process can take a few minutes to complete.
- The Setup screen will reappear. Click Finish.
- Restart your computer to complete the installation.
NOTE: The first scan you run using Sophos may take up to 30 minutes to complete. Later scans should complete in a much shorter span of time.
If you need any assistance with installing or using Sophos Endpoint Security, please call the ITS Customer Support Center at 213-740-5555 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.