Installing Sophos Endpoint Security 10.2 (Campus) for Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8
This document will explain how USC faculty and staff can install Sophos Endpoint Security 10.2 (Campus) on computers running Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8. This software—available only to USC faculty and staff—is intended for desktop computers connected to the USC wired network.
USC students and USC faculty and staff who wish to install Sophos on their laptops and home computers should refer to our documentation on installing Sophos Endpoint Security on off-campus computers for information on the Sophos Endpoint Security 9.7 (Home and Mobile) software.
Downloading and Installing the Sophos Endpoint Security 10.2 (Home and Mobile)
- Download Sophos Endpoint Security 10.2 (Campus) from software.usc.edu.
- Exit all active applications.
- Locate the Sophos_10.2_MNG.exe file and double-click it to launch the installer.
- Sophos will remove any previously installed antivirus software from your computer at this point. Please note, this process can take a few minutes to complete.
- When the Sophos Endpoint Security 10.2 (Campus) software has been installed, a small blue and white shield will appear in the system tray, usually found in the bottom right-hand corner of your screen.
- Restart your computer to complete the installation.
NOTE: The first scan you run using Sophos may take up to 30 minutes to complete. Later scans should complete in a much shorter span of time.
If you need any assistance with installing or using Sophos Endpoint Security, please call the ITS Customer Support Center at 213-740-5555 or send an email to email@example.com.
September 24, 2013