SFTP Using Adobe Dreamweaver (Windows and Mac)
Adobe Dreamweaver is a program used to design web pages and websites that also allows you to publish completed web pages directly to your USC website.
In order to publish your web pages to your site on the USC network, you will need to connect to a remote host using Secure File Transfer Protocol (SFTP). This page provides instructions on how to connect to a remote host using SFTP in Dreamweaver.
Connecting to a Remote Host Using SFTP
View a SFTP in Dreamweaver QuickTime movie or follow the steps below.
- Double-click the Adobe Dreamweaver application icon to launch the program.
- From the menu at the top, select Site and then Manage Sites.
- The Manage Sites window will appear.
- Select your site from the list, and click Edit.
- The Site Definition window will appear.
- Click Advanced Tab.
- In the left-hand column under Category, select Remote Info.
- In the Remote Info. panel, check the box next to Use Secure FTP (SFTP).
- Click the Test button to test your connection.
- Click OK.
- Click Done.
Getting HelpFor questions, please contact the Customer Support Center at 213-740-5555 or send an email to email@example.com.
February 01, 2011