USC Information Technology Services (ITS) and its Learning Environments group support the audiovisual technology in 185 general-assignment classrooms, 20 auditoria, 3 ITS-managed computing centers, and 5 instructional computer classrooms within those computing centers.
Learning Environments also supports faculty members needing assistance in the use of audiovisual equipment in their classrooms.
All general-assignment classrooms and auditoria are equipped with USC's unique Multimedia Operations Management System (MOMS), which allows remote management of audiovisual services for real-time support of technology in the classroom. These classrooms all contain key audiovisual technology, eliminating the need to reserve equipment.
- Dual-projection systems, screen annotation capability, and AV control from multiple locations in the auditoria
- Specialized AV equipment (document cameras, overhead projectors, region-free DVD players, and microphones) is available by reservation
- Robust wireless network
- Classrooms support mobile computing, making it easier to use laptops
- One number to call for support (213-821-6601)
- Eco-friendly learning spaces with furnishings made from sustainable materials
- Online video tutorials that demonstrate how to use equipment
- Grant program to assist faculty teaching in these spaces
Computing Centers Features
All ITS-managed computing centers feature:
- Comfortable and flexible furnishings
- Wireless printing capability
- Student laptop loaner program
- Reservable collaborative study spaces
Contact and Support
For learning environment or ITS-managed computing center support, call 213-821-6601. Click here for general computing center hours.
Classroom Support Office Hours
Salvatori Computer Science Center (SAL) and Waite Phillips Hall (WPH) are open from 7:30 a.m. to 11:00 p.m., seven days a week.
Classroom Support Hours for Summer 2013
May 16 - August 25, 2013
Salvatori Computer Science Center (SAL) and Waite Phillips Hall (WPH) are open from 7:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., seven days a week.
NOTE: All classroom support and computing center services are closed for the university holidays, July 4, 2013 - July 5, 2013.
The USC Computing Centers are closed during all USC holidays.