SAS OnDemand for Academics: Enterprise Miner
SAS OnDemand for Academics is a program available to USC faculty, students, and staff that provides access to SAS software whenever and wherever it is needed.
You can use SAS OnDemand for Academics to access SAS Enterprise Miner from any computer with an active Internet connection that is running Windows XP Professional, Windows Vista Home Basic, Windows Vista Home Premium, or Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium. This page includes instructions on how to set up your SAS OnDemand for Academics account and access Enterprise Miner.
Creating Your SAS OnDemand for Academics Account
To create your SAS OnDemand for Academics account:
- Go to the SAS OnDemand for Academics home page and click Register Now on the right-hand side of the screen.
- Under SAS OnDemand for Academics: Enterprise Miner, choose Student Registration and Installation.
- A PDF will open. You need to have a SAS user account to proceed from this point. If you have not already created an account, follow the instructions and screen shots in the PDF. If you have already created an account, click the link at the top of the PDF, support.sas.com/ctx3/sodareg/index.html to continue.
- Sign into your SAS account with the email address and password you set for the account. Click Enter.
- On the Using SAS On Demand For Academics screen, under Please Choose: if you are a USC student or staff member choose I am a Student: I am taking a course that uses SAS OnDemand for Academics, if you are a USC faculty member, choose I am an instructor: I plan to teach with SAS OnDemand for Academics.
- On the first School Location screen, from the Country drop-down menu, select United States. Click Next.
- On the second School Location screen, from the State drop-down menu, select California. Click Next.
- On the Select your institution screen, from the Institution drop-down menu, select University of Southern California (Los Angeles). Click Next.
- On the Registration Details screen, confirm that all the personal information you have entered is correct and select Submit Registration.
- Click Submit Registration to begin setting up your SAS Server account.
- On the Review the Software License Agreement screen, Read and agree to the terms and conditions of SAS OnDemand for Academics and then select Enter.
- Choose a userid for your SAS server account and click Next.
- Click Acquire a License.
- Select the SAS OnDemand course that you wish to enroll in and click Continue.
- On the Acquire a License screen, click Acquire License(s) to confirm your information.
- On the License Acquired screen, click Return to go back to the SAS OnDemand for Academics home page.
Note: If you would like to experiment with SAS Enteprise Miner and are not currently enrolled in a USC course, you can select the course “ITS Enterprise Miner Instruction” with Instructor Osuna to access introductory lessons using Enterprise Miner.
Accessing Enterprise Miner on Demand
Once you have returned to the SAS OnDemand for Academics home page, follow these steps to download and start SAS Enterprise Miner:
- Click Get Software in the Download section to begin the download process.
- On the Configure or Start Your Software screen, review the SAS OnDemand for Academics: Enterprise Miner Configuration page to ensure that your computer can run the software.
- Once you have confirmed that the software will run on your computer, click the SAS OnDemand for Academics: Enterprise Miner link on the Configure or Start Your Software page to download the SAS OnDemand Enterprise Miner software.
- On the Enterprise Miner Log On screen, enter the username and password you set for you SAS OnDemand for Academics account.
- Click Log On to launch the software and begin your Enterprise Miner session.
For help with any technical issues while running SAS software, submit your problem directly to SAS using the SAS Technical Support Form.
For additional assistance, call the ITS Customer Support Center at 213-740-5555 or send an email to email@example.com.
September 17, 2012