Installing IBM SPSS Statistics 21 for Macintosh
This page provides instructions on how to install IBM SPSS Statistics 21 on a computer running Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard), Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion) or Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion). These instructions will work for both the version purchased through online retailers and the version downloaded directly from ITS.
- Install the IBM SPSS Statistics 21 file you received from the online retailer (students or faculty/staff) or the IBM SPSS Statistics 21 file you downloaded from software.usc.edu (faculty/staff only).
- Double click the SPSS Statistics Installer icon on your desktop.
- A window will open. Select the language you would like to install SPSS in and click OK.
- On the IBM SPSS Statistics 21 - Introduction screen, click Next.
- On the IBM SPSS Statistics 21 - License Type screen, choose Single user license, then click Next.
- On the IBM SPSS Statistics 21 - Software License Agreement screen, read and accept the terms in the license agreement, then click Next.
- On the IBM SPSS Statistics 21 - Customer Information screen, enter your USC username in the User Name field. You may leave the Organization field blank. Click Next.
- On the IBM SPSS Statistics 21 - Help Language screen, select any languages you would like installed for SPSS Help and then click Next.
- On the IBM SPSS Statistics 21 - Choose Install Folder screen, choose the location where you would like to install SPSS. Click Next.
- On the IBM SPSS Statistics 21 - Pre-Installation Summary screen, click Install.
- SPSS will now install. This process takes approximately 2-10 minutes.
- On the IBM SPSS Statistics 21 - License screen, click Done to start the license authorization process.
- On the Product Authorization screen, choose License my product now. Click Next.
- On the Enter Codes screen, enter your authorization code. If you purchased your software from ITS, you received an email from ITS with this authorization code. If you purchased the software through an authorized IBM reseller, you should have received the code directly from the reseller.
- Once the authorization process is complete on the Internet Authorization Status screen, click Next.
- On the Licensing Completed screen, click Finish to complete the installation.
NOTE: You must be connected to the Internet to successfully complete the authorization process.
NOTE: ITS suggests you open IBM SPSS Statistics 21 once the installation has finished to ensure that the software has installed correctly.
If you need assistance while installing IBM SPSS Statistics 21, please call the ITS Customer Support Center at 213-740-5555 or send an email to
August 16, 2013