Installing SPSS 20 for Windows
This page provides instructions on how to install SPSS 20 on a computer running Windows 7. These instructions will work for both the version purchased through online retailers and the version downloaded directly from ITS.
- Install the SPSS 20 file you received from the online retailer (students or faculty/staff) or the SPSS 20 file you downloaded from software.usc.edu (faculty/staff only).
- Double click the SPSS Statistics Installer icon on your desktop.
- On the first InstallShield Wizard screen, click Next.
- On the Welcome to the InstallShield Wizard for IBM SPSS Statistics 20 screen, choose Single user license, then click Next.
- On the Software License Agreement screen, read and accept the terms in the license agreement, then click Next.
- On the Customer Information screen, enter your USC username and organization. It is OK to leave the Organization field blank. Click Next.
- On the Help Language screen, select any languages you would like installed for SPSS Help and then click Next.
- On the Destination Folder screen, click Next to install the software to its default location.
- On the Ready to Install the Program screen, click Install.
- SPSS will now install. This process takes approximately 2-5 minutes.
- On the License IBM SPSS Statistics 20 screen, click OK to start the license authorization process.
- On the Product Authorization screen, choose License my product now. Click Next.
- On the Enter Codes screen, enter your authorization code.If you purchased your software from ITS, you received an email from ITS with this authorization code. If you purchased the software through an authorized IBM reseller, you should have received the code directly from the reseller.
- Once the authorization process is complete on the Internet Authorization Status screen, click Next.
- On the Licensing Complete screen, click Finish to complete the installation.
NOTE: You must be connected to the Internet to successfully complete the authorization process.
NOTE: ITS suggests you open SPSS 20 once the installation has finished to ensure that the software has installed correctly.
If you need assistance while installing SPSS 20, please call the ITS Customer Support Center at 213-740-5555 or send an email to email@example.com.