Ordering SPSS for Faculty and Staff
USC faculty and staff have two options for obtaining IBM SPSS Statistics software: They can either lease IBM SPSS statistics software from ITS or lease it from an IBM SPSS authorized online retailer. For information on the currently authorized IBM resellers for faculty and staff software, please see IBM's Academic Customers page.
Leasing SPSS from ITS
ITS offers a IBM SPSS premium package for $400.00 that contains the following modules:
- Statistics Base
- Advanced Statistics
- Custom Tables
- Data Preparation
- Missing Values
- Decision Trees
- Direct Marketing
- Complex Samples
- Neural Networks
- Exact Tests
The package price is for a software lease that ends on July 31.
Faculty and staff may also lease this software for department labs at the following reduced rate:
- First 5 licenses: full price ($400 each)
- Additional licenses: no charge
To lease the software from ITS:
- Fill out, print, and sign the IBM SPSS statistics software order form and the IBM/SPSS statistics software agreement form.
- Submit your completed forms with your payment by check or requisition to Liz Hernandez via Campus mail or US postal mail. Please make checks payable to USC/ITS.
- Once the order has been placed and payment has been received, you will receive an email that includes your authorization code and instructions for downloading SPSS.
- Orders for IBM/SPSS statistical software are filled only after ITS has received payment. Faxed orders are not accepted. Transactions can be made in person at the ITS help desk in the Leavey Library Lower Commons. If you do not work on the University Park campus, you can send your order via the U.S. Postal Service or campus mail.
For US Postal Service:
Attn: Liz Hernandez
3434 S. Grand Ave.
3rd Floor, MC 2812
Los Angeles, CA 90089-2812
For Campus Mail:
ITS Software Attn: Liz Hernandez
Information Technology Services
Attn: ITS Software
Leasing SPSS from the Authorized IBM Reseller
The IBM SPSS Statistics Faculty Pack is offered for sale by authorized IBM resellers. For information on the currently authorized IBM resellers for faculty and staff software, how to purchase software from an authorized reseller, what modules are included in the IBM SPSS Statistics Faculty Pack, and software pricing, please see IBM's Academic Customers page.
If you have questions or problems regarding the ordering process for SPSS, please call the ITS Customer Support Center at 213-740-5555 or send an email firstname.lastname@example.org. Complete documentation for IBM/SPSS statistics software is available at www.spss.com.