Installing Stata 12 for Mac
This document will explain how to install Stata 12 on computers running Mac OS X 10.5 and later
Installing Stata 12
- Insert the Stata disc. The installation file folder should open automatically. Double-click the Installer icon.
- On the Read Me screen, read the Stata installation information and click Continue.
- On the License screen, read the licensing information and click Continue.
- On the next screen, accept the Stata software license agreement by clicking Agree.
- Stata will automatically be installed to the Applications folder on your hard drive. If you want to install the software elsewhere, use the Select Folder button. If not, click Continue.
- On the Installation Type screen, choose the installation type and then click Install.
- The software should begin to install. This process typically takes 2-3 minutes to complete.
- Stata gives you an option of adding the application icon to the Dock (start-up menu) on your computer. Select OK to add the icon to the Dock. Select Cancel if you do not wish to place an icon on the Dock.
- You should now see the Finish Up screen. If you have purchased other versions of the software and wish to install it now, click Continue. Otherwise, click Quit to complete the installation.
- In order to ensure proper installation, open Stata. Your screen should resemble the picture below.
Note: You should have received information about the version of Stata you are licensed to install by email after purchasing the software.
For additional assistance with installing Stata, please call the ITS Customer Support Center at 213-740-5555 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.