Installing Stata 12 for Windows
This document will explain how to install Stata 12 on computers running Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7.
- Insert the Stata disc. The installation file folder should open automatically. Double-click the Run Setup.exe to begin the installation.
- On the Welcome to the Stata 12 Installation Wizard screen, read the installation information and click Next.
- On the License Agreement screen, read the licensing information. Choose the I accept the license agreement option and then click Next.
- On the User Information, enter your name in the Full Name field and USC in the Organization field. Choose the option Anyone who uses this computer if you have administrative rights on the computer and wish all users to be able to use Stata or Only for me if you are the only person who should have access to Stata on the computer. Click Next.
- On the Select Executable screen, choose the installation type that matches the version of Stata you purchased and then click Next.
- Stata will automatically be installed to the Applications folder on your hard drive. If you wish to install the software in another location, use the Browse button. If you do not wish to choose a different location, click Next.
- On the Ready to Install the Application screen, click Next to begin the installation.
- Stata will now begin to install. Be advised that this installation process can take anywhere from 2 to 10 minutes.
- At the end of the installation process, you should see a screen that says Stata 12 has been successfully installed. Click Finish to complete the installation.
Note: You should have received an email containing information on the version of Stata you are licensed to install when you purchased the software.
Applying the Stata 12 License
After installing Stata 12, you will need to apply your Stata license in order to use your copy of Stata.
- Open Stata.
- The license authorization wizard should automatically open. You should have received a confirmation email after purchasing Stata with your license information. Enter the information, and then click OK.
- In order to ensure proper installation, launch Stata. Your screen should resemble the picture below.
For additional assistance with installing Stata, please call the ITS Customer Support Center at 213-740-5555 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.