Standard Procedure for Requesting Service
All work provided by the Information Technology Services Communications Services Group (CSG) can be requested either by a completing a written Communications Service Request (CSR) form or an online request.
On the CSR, please include the following:
- The name of the requesting department.
- The name and telephone number of the requestor, and a departmental contact (if different).
- The University Account Number to be used for installation, usage and monthly recurring charges.
- The date by which service is desired. Please note: ASAP dates will be assigned within a 3-5 business day due date unless otherwise negotiated.
- A brief description of the services to be performed. For example, "Please install a single-line telephone in Parking Structure D, Room 110, on outlet 1620011001."
- An indication of whether your department requires an estimate before work is performed.
If you would like us to serve as consultants in determining your communications needs, please indicate this in the Details section of the form.
Upon receipt of your request, you will be contacted by a representative advising you of the due date. If an estimate is required, a Telecommunications Consultant will submit to you a summary of the work to be performed, and list of recurring and non-recurring charges based on your requirement(s). Non-recurring charges include labor, parts and equipment.
As the work proceeds, a Telecommunications representative may contact you to verify that everything is proceeding in accordance with your specifications. If necessary, a revised work order will be issued, and the work will be resumed.
Should you have questions at any time, please call the ITS Communications Services Group at (213) 740-3814 or email them at email@example.com for assistance.
August 10, 2010