Setting Up Your USC Voice Mailbox
This page provides instructions setting up USC voicemail.
Please note that if you have not yet signed up for voicemail services, you will need to fill out and submit a Voicemail Services Request form.
Locating Your Voicemail Access NumberYou will need to locate your 5-digit voicemail access number to access your voicemail. Your voicemail access number is located in the Fast Start Instructions that were sent to you via email after you signed up for voicemail services.
- Go to item number one in the Fast Start Instructions.
- Your access number is the 5-digit extension located in the How to Access Your Voice Mailbox section.
Setting Up Your Mailbox
You will need to complete a brief setup process the first time you access your mailbox.
- From your campus telephone, dial your 5-digit voicemail access number.
- When prompted for your security code, enter "TROJAN" (876526).
- The system will prompt you to change your security code.
You cannot use simple codes such as 123456 or 111111.
- You will be prompted to record your name for the mailbox.
- After recording your name, you will be prompted to record a greeting for callers. Please refer to the sample greetings below.
Locating Your How-To Guide
Based on your voicemail access number, you will need to download either the Octel or Intuity Audix how-to guide. Please click your internal access number to download your how-to guide.
|Internal Access Number||External Access Number||Campus Location|
|0-5600||213-740-5600||University Park and Health Science Campuses|
|1-8000||213-821-8000||University Park and Health Science Campuses|
|4-5400||323-224-5400||Health Science Campus Off Campus|
|3-5300||213-743-5300||University Park Campus Off Campus|
|1-0598||323-821-0598||University Park Campus|
|7-4141||626-457-4141||Health Science Alhambra Campus|
|4-5899||202-824-5899||Washington, D.C. office|
For additional assistance, or to report a problem, please refer to your How-To Guide or call the 24-hour USC voice messaging help line at 213-740-7300.
Please be ready to provide the help line representative with your mailbox number, which is the same as your extension. If you are reporting an error in message delivery, please note the time the message was received and save the message, if possible.
August 09, 2010