USC Libraries Facts and Figures
The USC Libraries actively support the discovery, creation, and preservation of knowledge. We develop collections and services that support and encourage the academic endeavors of faculty, students, and staff; build a community of critical consumers of information; and help develop engaged world citizens. USC has 23 libraries and information centers and the USC Digital Library.
Results from 2011 Library User Survey
To better serve our user community, the USC Libraries invited USC students, faculty, and staff to provide feedback on core library services. The results from our survey, conducted in fall 2011, are available here.
Collections Statistics from Fiscal Year 2012-2013
- Total Volumes: 5,158,192
- Titles held: 3,620,156
- Electronic Books: 1,081,764
- Electronic Journals: 84,083
- USC Digital Library Items: 925,106
- Circulation and Renewal Transactions: 184,328
- Library Presentations: 1,348
- Library Presentation Participants: 31,577
- Items Loaned to Outside Institutions through Interlibrary Loan: 32,686
- Items Borrowed from Outside Institutions through Interlibrary Loan: 24,083
- Total Reference Transactions: 98,907
- Number of regular searches: 24,031,908
- Number of successful full-text article requests: 2,271,684
Note: Data was compiled from USC Libraries, USC Law Library, and USC Health Sciences Libraries.