Academic Integrity at the University of Southern California is a tutorial presented by the USC Libraries in collaboration with USC’s Student Judicial Affairs and Community Standards. Students will now have 24/7 access to a 15-minute online tutorial that provides an overview of academic integrity at USC. A certificate of completion is awarded at the end of tutorial after correctly completing an online quiz. By the end of the tutorial students will know:
- When and how to cite sources
- How to avoid plagiarism
- The sanctions related to violating academic integrity standards at USC
- How to avoid unauthorized collaboration
- How to avoid cheating and the falsification of information
- About library resources available to help achieve academic success as well as to avoid plagiarism
Online tutorial is 15 minutes
Assessment quiz takes 5-10 minutes
Print online certificate to turn in to professors
(If you have difficulty printing a certificate with your name on it, take a screen shot of your certificate and print that out instead.)
- Internet Explorer 7, 6, 5.5(Windows)
- Mozilla 1.x (Windows)
- Firefox 2.x, 1.5 (Win, Mac)
- Safari 2.x, 1.x (Mac)
- Netscape 8 (Win)
- Adobe Reader 9 for viewing Presenter 7.0 created PDF
- Flash Player 8, 9 for Win and Mac.
- Flash Player 9 for Linux & Solaris.
- High Speed connection is recommended for viewing multimedia content over internet.
Do you have questions, would you like more information, or would you like to give feedback on the tutorial? Please contact us.