There are two types of entries linked from this page. A Catalog Entry is based on an entry created for the title in the original card catalog, and following the cataloging rules of the time. A Bibliographic Description is a full description of the book and its composition. Such descriptions are based on the rules of description laid out in Fredson Bowers’ Principles of Bibliographical Principles (first published in 1949), and Philip Gaskells’ A New Introduction to Bibliography (1972). These entries also include other useful information, such as references, subject keywords, physical location, and other locations within California.
Return to the Pre-1800 Index page
- Ellis, John (1710?-1776) Directions for bringing over seeds and plants, from the East Indies and other distant countries, in a state of vegetation... London: printed and sold by L. Davis, 1770.
- An essay towards a natural history of the corallines... London: printed for the author; and sold by A. Millar [etc.], 1755.
LOCATION: QL379.E4 1755
- An essay towards a natural history of the corallines. French
Essai sur l'histoire naturelle des Corallines... La Haye: chez Pierre de Hondt, 1756.
LOCATION: fQL379.E4 1756
- The natural history of many curious and uncommon zoophytes... London: B. White and son [etc.] 1786.
LOCATION: fQL379.E47 1786
- Some additional observations on the method of preserving seeds from foreign parts... London: printed for W. Bowyer and J. Nichols, 1773.
- Epiphanius, Saint, Bp. of Constantia in Cyprus. Gemmis, in quae erant investe Aaronis... Tiguri, 1565.
LOCATION: QE362.G4 1565
- Erste Aufzählung der bis jezt in Sachsen entdeckten Insekten. Erste Aufzählung der bis jezt in Sachsen entdeckten Insekten... Leipzig: in Commission bey Christian Gottlieb Rabenhorst, 1799.
- Esper, Eugen Johann Christoph (1742-1810) Icones fucorum... Nurnberg: Raspesch, 1797-1808.
- Estienne, Charles (1504-ca. 1564) Le herbe, fiori, stirpi, che si piantano ne gli horti, con le uoci loro piu propie & accomodate. Venegia: Apresso V. Vaugris, 1545.
LOCATION: SB91.E795 1545
- Seminario, over plantario de gli alberi, che si pinatano, con i loro nomi, e de i fruit parimente. Venegia: Apresso V. Vaugris, 1545.
LOCATION: SB91.E795 1545
- Estienne, Robert (1503?-1559) Thesaurus linguae Latinae. Ed. nova prioribus multo actior et emendatior. Londini: Sam. Harding, 1734-35.
LOCATION: ffPA31.E79 1734
This page is maintained by Melinda K. Hayes, Natural History Librarian in Specialized Libraries & Archival Collections at USC.
Comments and recommendations regarding this page are welcomed.
Created: April 9, 1996 Updated December 14, 2003