Of grand proportions
in antique gold in the Louis XV French Rococco tradition, with
Chantilly lace curtains capped by curved valances of gold satin
damask, the Music Salon readily transports one to a salon in Old
France. On the walls are tall pier mirrors duplicating the room
in endless vistas. The Louis XV furniture, upholstered in its original
Aubusson and satin damask was brought to Mexico for the palace
of the Emperor Maximillian and Empress Carlota.
Many of the
art treasures, objets d'art and family heirlooms are installed
in the suite where an Old World atmosphere prevails. Dresden figurines
and vases, Capo de Monte urns and two large Meissen vases of heroic
proportions grace the tables and arches in this room.
floors throughout the Music Salon are Oak decorated with Herringbone
parquetry and covered with beautiful Persian rugs of rich, soft
colors in intricate patterns. The Music Salon and Library are connected
by an arched colonnade.
Within this room
can be found a Steinway piano circa 1910, and a Wurlitzer organ,
above which is a painting of Saint Cecelia, the patron saint of
music, by A. Madaras in 1910. The Music Salon was once the setting
for notable receptions and intimate musicales by world-renowned
artists including cellists Pablo Casals and Gregor Piatigorsky,
and violinist Jascha Heifetz. .