Pioneer Cemetery - Morningside Cemetery - Sylmar Cemetery
This is the oldest nonsectarian cemetery in the San Fernando Valley,
having possibly been established in the mid-1800s. It was used as a
burial site until 193, and was legally abandoned in 1959.
The cemetery is now owned by Native Daughters of the Golden West, and
maintained as a pioneer memorial park.
It is located on Foothill Boulevard at Bledsoe Street in Sylmar.
Grenier, Judson A., ed. A Guide to Historic Places in Los Angeles
County. Dubuque: Kendall/Hunt, 1978.
Doheny; Leavey; VKC F868.L8G83