Report a problem
Biology & General Science
» More info
Alt-HealthWatch is a full-text and image database focusing on the many perspectives of complementary, holistic and integrated approaches to healthcare and wellness. It offers nearly 50,000 articles from 160 international peer-reviewed journals, academic and professional publications, magazines, reports, proceedings, association and consumer newsletters, plus hundreds of pamphlets, booklets, original research and book excerpts. The database provides in-depth coverage on both professional and consumer levels across the full spectrum of more than two hundred therapies, modalities and perspectives addressed by integrated medicine and covered by "Alternative Medicine." Subject areas covered include: Acupuncture, Mind-Body Medicine, Chinese Medicine, Creative Therapies, Chiropractic, Naturopathy, Homeopathy, Osteopathy, Energy Medicine, Body Work, Herbalism, Aromatherapy, Nutrition, Childbirth, Cross-Cultural Therapies, and Veterinary Medicine. Updated quarterly.
- Science Citation Index Expanded
» More info
The Science Citation Index, a part of the Web of Science, is a multidisciplinary database of bibliographic information indexed so that you can search for specific articles by subject, author, journal, and/or author address. Because the information stored about each article includes the article's cited reference list (often called its bibliography), you can also search the databases for articles that cite a known author or work.
The Science Citation Index (SCI) indexes 5,700 major journals across 164 scientific disciplines, covering approximately 2,100 more journals than its print and CD-ROM counterparts, with all cited references captured.
» More info
SciFinder (SFS) and its web-version of SciFinder (SF):
- Provide access to Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS) Registry of more than 22 million chemical substances
- CA databases with references to more than 15 million articles and patents (one of USC's best patent resources)
- CHEMCATS database of nearly 400,000 commercially available chemicals from more than 300 suppliers
- CHEMLIST, a database of key domestic and international regulatory information.
Available from Sunday 2:00 am until Saturday 6:00 pm (U.S. Eastern Time)
If you would like access to Scifinder, please include the following information:
- Faculty and Staff: USC email address, contact information (department or school information, research field, building and room number)
- Students: USC email address, name of advisor, contact information (department or school information, research field, building and room number)