Report a problem
Originally called the New-York Daily Tribune, it was the dominant Whig Party and Republican newspaper in the U.S. through the 1860s. During the 1850s it was the largest circulating newspaper in New York City. In 1924 the Tribune merged with the New York Herald to form the New York Herald Tribune, which ceased publication in 1966.
View databases in related topics: