Report a problem
Virtual Hospital is a digital health sciences library created in 1992 at the University of Iowa to help meet the information needs of health care providers and patients. The goal of the Virtual Hospital digital library is to make the Internet a useful medical reference and health promotion tool for health care providers and patients. The Virtual Hospital digital library contains thousands of textbooks and booklets for health care providers and patients.
Note: After 13 years of service, on January 1, 2006, Virtual Hospital / Virtual Children's Hospital, the Internet's first medical Web sites, ceased operations after serving over 80 million users, due to a lack of funding. However, much of Virtual Hospital / Virtual Children's Hospital content remains available online.
View databases in related topics:
- Cancer & Medical Oncology
- Cardiology & Vascular Diseases
- Dentistry & Dental Specialties
- Emergency and Critical Care Med.
- Family Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- Neurology and Neuroscience
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pathology & Laboratory Medicine
- Pharmacy and Pharmacology
- Preventive Medicine
- Psychiatry, Mental Health, & Psychology
- Radiology & Radiotherapy
- Urology & Nephrology