Finding Aid of the Anne Roller Issler papers
Table of Contents
Finding aid prepared by Rebecca Hirsch, 2010
The processing of this collection and the creation of this finding aid was funded by the generous support of the National Historic Publications and Records Commission.
- USC Libraries Special Collections
- Issler, Anne Roller, b. 1892
- Anne Roller Issler papers
- Collection no.
- 0.3 Linear feet, 1 box
- Textual materials [Box]
- This collection contains typescripts for Anne Roller Issler’s work on Robert Louis Stevenson’s time spent in San Francisco between December 1879 and May 1880. The work, Happier for His Presence: San Francisco and Robert Louis Stevenson, was published by Stanford University Press in 1949.
[Box/folder# or item name], Anne Roller Issler papers, Collection no. 0068, Special Collections, USC Libraries, University of Southern California.
Anne Roller Issler (1892-1975) was considered an expert on Robert Louis Stevenson's California period. She wrote Happier for His Presence about the five months Robert Louis Stevenson spent in San Francisco between Christmas 1879 and May 1880. She served as curator at the Cuyamaca State Park Museum, the Vallejo Home in Sonoma, the Old Courthouse in Shasta, and the Robert Louis Stevenson House in Monterey.
Scope and Content
This collection contains a draft and final typescript of Happier for His Presence: San Francisco and Robert Louis Stevenson (Stanford University Press, 1949).
USC Libraries Special Collections
Doheny Memorial Library 206
3550 Trousdale Parkway
Los Angeles, California, 90089-0189
Conditions Governing Access
COLLECTION STORED OFF-SITE. Advance notice required for access.
Conditions Governing Use
The collection contains published materials; researchers are reminded of the copyright restrictions imposed by publishers on reusing their articles and parts of books. It is the responsibility of researchers to acquire permission from publishers when reusing such materials. The copyright to unpublished materials belongs to the heirs of the writers. Permission to publish, quote, or reproduce must be secured from the repository and the copyright holder.
Controlled Access Headings
- Issler, Anne Roller, b. 1892 -- Archives
- Stevenson, Robert Louis, 1850-1894
- Authors, American--20th century--Archival resources