Finding aid for the Canal Zone railroad crosstie
Table of Contents
- USC Libraries Special Collections
- Canal Zone railroad crosstie
- Collection no.
- circa 1855
- 1.0 Linear feet, 1 box
- Artifacts [Box]
- Section of railroad crosstie from the first railroad in Panama; "It was necessary to bore holes for the spikes owing to hardness [of the lignum vitae used for the tie]".
[Box/folder# or item name], Canal Zone railroad crosstie, Collection no. 0070, Special Collections, USC Libraries, University of Southern California
Scope and Content
Section of railroad crosstie from the first railroad in Panama; "It was necessary to bore holes for the spikes owing to hardness [of the lignum vitae used for the tie]".
USC Libraries Special Collections
Doheny Memorial Library 206
3550 Trousdale Parkway
Los Angeles, California, 90089-0189
Conditions Governing Access
COLLECTION STORED OFF-SITE. Advance notice required for access.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Manuscripts Librarian. Permission for publication is given on behalf of Special Collections as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained.
Controlled Access Headings
- Latin America--History--Archival resources
- Transportation--History--Archival resources