Finding aid for the Rose Green papers
Table of Contents
Finding aid prepared by Sue Luftschein, 2011 March
- USC Libraries Special Collections
- Green, Rose, 1903-1997
- Rose Green papers
- Collection no.
- Date [inclusive]
- 0.42 linear ft., 1 box
- The Rose Green papers consist of typescripts and reprints, 1934-1977, of Professor Green's professional papers and research publications on social work. Also included is an oral history conducted in 1988.
[Box/folder# or item name], Rose Green papers, Collection no. 0444, California Social Welfare Archives, Special Collections, USC Libraries, University of Southern California
Rose Green (1903-1997) was born and raised in Philadelphia. While attending the University of Pennsylvania, she became interested in working with children with learning disabilities, and earned a Masters in Social Work in 1929 from Smith College. Her first professional opportunity was with the Philadelphia Child Guidance Clinic. She went on to join the faculty of the University of Minnesota (1942-1946), and then the faculty at the University of Southern California (1946-1966).
Scope and Content
The Rose Green papers consist of typescripts and reprints, 1934-1977, of Professor Green's professional papers and research publications on social work. Also included is an oral history conducted in 1988, in which Professor Green discusses at length her relationship with the University of Southern California School of Social Work, her experience working with children, and social work education.
USC Libraries Special Collections
Doheny Memorial Library 206
3550 Trousdale Parkway
Los Angeles, California, 90089-0189
Conditions Governing Access
Advance notice required for access.
Conditions Governing Use
The use of archival materials for on-site research does not constitute permission from the California Social Welfare Archives to publish them. Copyright has not been assigned to the California Social Welfare Archives, and the researcher is instructed to obtain permission to quote from or publish manuscripts in the CSWA's collections from the copyright holder.
Controlled Access Headings
- University of Southern California. School of Social Work. -- History
- University of Southern California. -- Faculty
- Green, Rose, 1903-1997 -- Archives
- Social service literature--United States--Archival resources
- Social service--Research--California--Archival resources
- Social work education--California--Los Angeles--Archival resources
- Social work with children--United States--Archival resources
Curriculum vitae, publications, conference papers
Oral history 1988