USC opened the College of Commerce and Business Administration in 1920, the first business school in Southern California. The school was renamed the Marshall School of Business in 1997 following a major donation from alumnus Gordon S. Marshall.
The Roy P. Crocker Business Library was established in 1967 with the help of a generous gift from USC alumnus Roy Crocker. The Library has been remodeled over the years to support individual and collaborative study as well as access to electronic resources. The main collection of circulating books was moved to Doheny Library in 2003.