University of Southern California
651 West 35th Street
Los Angeles, CA 90089-2571
Campus map code: LVL
Circulation (213) 740 4350
Administration (213) 740 0049
Upper Commons (213) 740 7988
Lower Commons (213) 740 6938
Reference (213) 740 6938
ITS Customer Support (213) 740 5555
Overview of Leavey Library
The Thomas and Dorothy Leavey Library provides a state-of-the-art learning environment for students and faculty at the University of Southern California. Leavey’s print and electronic collections, services, and technology are designed to facilitate coursework, studying, and research. Experts are available 24 hours a day to provide assistance with research and computing. Leavey’s technology-enhanced spaces support teaching and individual or group study—as well as film screenings, multimedia production and viewing, presentations, and videoconferencing.
Wall of Scholars Ceremony
On Thursday, May 16 at 3:00 pm in the Weingart Reading Room, there will be an invitation-only ceremony honoring those students whose names will be added to the Wall of Scholars in 2013. The ceremony will be followed with a reception immediately afterwards on the Leavey Terrace.
The Wall of Scholars was developed in 1994 by the Skull and Dagger Society to honor those students who have won national and international fellowships, as well as those recipients of certain USC awards.
New! - Online Group Study Room Reservations at libcal.usc.edu
You can now make online group study room reservations! Some of the features the new system offers are:
- You can reserve online any of the 35 collaborative study room spaces in Leavey Library
- You can quickly scan room availability to identify and book a space that meets your needs
- You can (as an individual) reserve a space for up to 2 hours for group use
- You can make reservations up to one week in advance
- Note: you must have a valid USC e-mail address to confirm your room booking. The group study rooms are intended for current student academic use only
You will be able to cancel a reservation remotely if you do not need the reservation
For more information regarding the use of our facilities, please see the Collaborative Workroom Policies and the USC Library Usage Policies. If you have any questions regarding the Collaborative Workrooms, please e-mail Christopher Hines, the Information Commons Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
Leavey offers a core research and reference collection, a film library of more than 6400 DVDs, and a selection of the most requested academic journals, magazines, and newspapers. You can browse Leavey’s featured collections of plays, classic works of literature and philosophy, recent best-sellers, and new books. The USC Libraries also provide a wealth of online resources, including full-text journals, dictionaries, encyclopedias, and photographic databases at www.usc.edu/libraries/eresources.
Research and Computing Help
- Reference librarians provide individual research assistance at reference desks in the Lower and Upper Information Commons and online 24/7 at www.usc.edu/askalibrarian.
- Reference and computing help is available 24 hours a day in the Information Commons during the fall and spring semesters.
- Consultants from the Writing Center are available to help with course papers in the lower Information Commons during the fall and spring semesters.
- Librarians teach a variety of classes about research basics and critical strategies for finding, evaluating, and using print and online information effectively.
Circulation Desk: Your USCard is also your library card. Present it at the circulation desk on the first floor to borrow or renew materials, reserve library study spaces, and obtain information about your account. You can also pay fines and report lost items or library cards.
Course Reserves: Undergraduate and graduate course reserves are available at the Leavey circulation desk. The USC Libraries’ online catalog HOMER shows a complete list of reserves materials arranged by professors’ names and course numbers. Electronic course reserves are available at www.usc.edu/libraries/course_reserves
Leavey Library is located on the northeast corner of campus (near the intersection of Jefferson Boulevard and Figueroa Street).
Closest campus entrance to Leavey Library is Gate #3 ((213) 740 3848), located at the intersection of West 35th Street and Figueroa Street, which is open 24 hours a day. Public parking is available for $10.00 Monday through Friday. Parking availability may change due to special events.