Collaborative Workroom Reservation Policies and Procedures
- The group study rooms are intended for current student academic use only. Faculty and staff members needing spaces should contact classroom scheduling or their department about finding appropriate spaces to meet their needs.
- RESERVATIONS HAVE PRIORITY. If you are using a room and do not have a valid reservation, you must leave when asked by a group that has a valid reservation. To make a reservation, use the online system at libcal.usc.edu. Reservations can be made up to 7 days in advance and you must have a valid USC e-mail address. Upon selecting available reservation times, you will be sent an e-mail to confirm your reservation. You must click the link in that e-mail within 30 minutes to confirm and complete the reservation process.
- On any calendar day, you may reserve a maximum of TWO HOURS. If you wish or need to reserve space in multiple rooms, please note that you are limited to a total of 2 hours across all of your reservations for that day. If you attempt to exceed these limits, your reservations may be canceled, and your time slots will be available to other groups. Each group member can make a separate reservation, but please be considerate of other users and reserve no more time than you will actually need.
- Upon confirming your reservation, you will receive a confirmation e-mail. Save this e-mail as it will be used to settle disputes about who has reserved and has permission to use the room. You will have a TEN MINUTE GRACE PERIOD for your reservation. If your group is not present within ten minutes of the start of your reserved time, you will lose the remainder of that hour of your reservation, and another group may use the space for the rest of the hour. The clock behind the consultation desks and your booking confirmation e-mail will be used to settle any disputes over time. If you leave a room unoccupied after the grace period has expired, another group may take the room. Any belongings left in an unoccupied room will be turned in to the lost and found.
- Priority use is given to GROUPS OF TWO or more. If you are alone in a room and the grace period has expired, you may be asked to relocate in order to accommodate a group of two or more.
- Save your booking confirmation e-mail as it will be used to verify your reservation in the event that two groups claim to have a reservation for the same space and time.
- The group rooms are very popular so please cancel your reservation if you will not be using the space. To do so, simply click the link provided in your room booking confirmation e-mail.
- Please refer any disputes to the Librarian or Student Navigation Assistant at the Research Consultation Desk.
You must make reservations through the online system at libcal.usc.edu. Reservations are not taken over the phone and are no longer made in person.
We appreciate your patience as we launch this highly anticipated new service. If you have any questions or concerns regarding the Collaborative Workrooms, our policies, or the new online reservation system, please e-mail Danica Schroeder, the Information Commons Manager, at email@example.com