New equipment for checkout (see Checkout Policies):
These items are available in complete kits:
- Camcorder kits (2): Sony DCR DV Handycam MiniDV with battery, charger and hard case.
- Audio Recorder kits (4): Marantz PMD660 Digital Audio Recorder with microphone, cable, battery and hard case.
These items are also available for checkout:
- Cameras: Canon PowerShot SX120IS with battery, 4 GB memory card and soft case.
- Cameras: Nikon Coolpix with battery, 2 GB memory card and soft case
- LCD Projector: Sanyo PLC-XU55A
- Headphones: We now have Sony MDR-7506 headphones for use in the Multimedia Commons.
USC Libraries provides printing options from all library research terminals, Leavey Library Information Commons and Multimedia Lab computers. The print system is designed to increase the flexibility available to USC Libraries' users in choosing where their output is picked up.
Print output is available in 8.5 x 11 primarily (11 x 17 only on one printer in the copy room, first floor). The print system assesses each job's color pages and black & white pages and charges accordingly (e.g. if you print out a report with a single color image on one page, you will be charged for 1 color page, while all the other pages will be charged at the black and white rate).
Printouts can only be paid for by USCard (discretionary account or payroll deduction) or by a Print/Copy card that can be purchased at either the Doheny or the Science & Engineering libraries.
Pricing for Printing
- Black & White: 12c
- Double-sided Black & White: 16c (per sheet)
- Color: 50c
- Double-sided Color: 70c (per sheet)
USCard Automated Value Transfer Station
A transfer station to add cash to discretionary USCard accounts is located on Leavey's Lower Level.
Eighteen viewing stations with 20'' monitors, VCRs and DVD players are in the A/V Room. For information about usage guidelines and checking out materials, see Policies. In order to provide access to videos create world-wide, Leavey has one region-code free DVD player (model JVC XV-N55 ) and one world-wide format VCR (Samsung SV-5000W) in the A/V Room, as well as one of each in the Leavey Auditorium.
- Two photocopiers
- Vending machine (school supplies)
To facilitate research, each library is equipped with color photocopiers, and several libraries have additional copiers specifically designed for book copying as well. For more information, please see www.usc.edu/libraries/printing
Video Conferences in Leavey Library can be held in Collaborative Workrooms 3B and 3V. Faculty, staff and students may reserve these rooms for single or group point-to-point video conference use up to three (3) times each semester, subject to availability. For more information and training, please contact Raul Franco, Multimedia Support Specialist (email@example.com 213 740-6682) at least 7 days in advance of the video conference event.