Dr. Robert V. Labaree, Head of Library
Political Science/International Relations Librarian
- Subject expert for political science, international relations, and public diplomacy.
Public Affairs Librarian
- Subject expert for public administration and urban and regional planning and all forms of government information.
Social Sciences Data Librarian
- Subject expert for numeric and other data resources in the social sciences and the geospatial sciences.
Division III Director for Public Services
- Subject expert for education and journalism.
- Responsible for hiring, training, assigning tasks, and evaluating the performance of the library's student assistant work force. Manages student wage and materials/supplies budgets and prepares budget projections and reports as needed. Responsible for the gathering and reporting of all statistics related to library operations. Provides specialized public services and technical support and assists with administrative duties relating to special projects and the day-to-day operation of the library.
Assistant Library Manager
- Supervises all staff and oversees the daily operation of the VKC Library, including assuming responsibility for the overall safety and condition of all library spaces. Recommends concepts, practices, techniques, and innovations to improve the quality of services to patrons. Serves as resource person for staff colleagues throughout the USC Libraries system. Responds to library objectives and assures responsible use of library funds. Manages special projects.
- Responsible for ensuring quality customer service at the Circulation Desk, including specialized training of all student assistants. Manages serials control, claiming, binding, and technical processing of all journals, government documents, and international documents. Identifies and plans shifting and relocation of library collections as needed. Provides specialized public services and technical support related to all library technologies, including the Multimedia Lab. Assists with administrative duties relating to special projects and the day-to-day operation of the library.