Wim de Wit is the Head of the Department of Architecture and Contemporary Art at the Getty Research Institute in Los Angeles. He studied architectural history at the Catholic University in Nijmegen, The Netherlands. After his graduation, he was appointed as a scholarly researcher responsible for the collections at the Netherlands Documentation Center for Architecture in Amsterdam (1974-1982). Having moved to the United States in 1982, he first worked at the Cooper-Hewitt Museum in New York as a guest curator for an exhibition about the Amsterdam School, a group of Dutch architects of the early twentieth century. From 1983 until 1993, he was the curator for architecture at the Chicago Historical Society. De Wit has been in Los Angeles since 1993. He has organized a number of exhibitions at the Getty Research Institute, including “Shaping the Great City: Modern Architecture in Central Europe, 1890-1937” (2001), and “Lessons from Bernard Rudofsky” (GRI, 2008). He was of the board of the International Confederation of Architectural Museums (ICAM) from 1994 until 1998. Currently, he is member of the board of the Society of Architectural Historians from 2009 to 2012.