Adapted from "Heal the Bay"
What do you have in your home that can harm the environment and what steps can we take to be minimize that impact?
Common items in our home can pollute the environment. How we live and what products we choose to use, and how we dispose of those products makes a difference in the harmful impact that we have on the environment.
Students will be able to:
- List toxic and non-toxic products that they have in their home environment
- List alternative products that are not as harmful to the environment.
- Demonstrate how something as simple as a 6-pack ring can harm wildlife
- Determine personal actions they can take to improve the environment
- Two 55 minute class periods
- Two ten minute follow-ups a week apart
- Eco Challenge Sheets (Adobe PDF File courtesy of Heal the Bay)
- Several six-pack rings
- A broom handle
- Two 12-foot pieces of rope
- Measuring tape