National Marine Fisheries Service - Sea Grant Joint Graduate Fellowship Program in Population Dynamics and Marine Resource Economics
The NMFS - Sea Grant Joint Graduate Fellowship Program in Population Dynamics and Marine Resource Economics is designed to help Sea Grant fulfill its broad educational responsibilities and to strengthen the collaboration between Sea Grant and the National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS).The Fisheries Fellowship is available to US citizens who are graduate students enrolled in PhD degree programs in academic institutions in the United States and its territories. Sea Grant and NMFS, with required institutional matching funds, expect to support at least two new Fisheries Fellows in both Population Dynamics and Marine Resource Economics in FY 2012. Fisheries Fellows will work on thesis problems of public interest and relevance to NMFS and have summer internships at participating NMFS Science Centers or Laboratories under the guidance of NMFS mentors. Additional information on the Program is avaliable here.
- Applicants should contact a local state Sea Grant program for application assistance. You’ll be asked to provide the program with the needed application material (see Federal Funing Opportunity for details) and then let the program submit the application to the Federal grant system.
- Application materials should be submitted to the sponsoring Sea Grant program by January 20, 2012.
- Applications should be submitted by the applicants local state Sea Grant program by 4:00 pm, Eastern Time, February 17, 2012.
- There are two separate funding numbers for the two portions of this competition.
- To obtain the RFP, please visit www.grants.gov
- Population Dynamics Federal Funding Opportunity #: NOAA-OAR-SG-2012-2003206
- Marine Resource Economics Federal Funding Opportunity #: NOAA-OAR-SG-2012-2003214
- For more information, please contact Terry.Smith@noaa.gov.
- The NMFS Fellowship program web site can be found at http://www.seagrant.noaa.gov/funding/fisheriesgradfellowship.html
For more information
- For more information on the fellowship, please visit: http://www.seagrant.noaa.gov/funding/rfp.html#nmfs
- For more information on applying through the USC Sea Grant program, please contact: