You can help prevent future problems
Be a responsible aquarium hobbyist!
You can help! If you can no longer maintain your aquarium tank:
• Give unwanted plants and pets to a responsible aquarium or pet store
• Give unwanted plants and pets to a responsible hobbyist
• Contact aquarium or pet store for guidance on humane animal disposal
• Freeze Caulerpa and other unwanted plants for a minimum of 24 hours!
Unwanted aquarium plants and pets create problems when they are:
• Released into the ocean, bays and rivers
• Released down storm drains
• Flushed down the toilet
These plants, fishes and invertebrates can cause devastating ecological damage by:
• Displacing native flora and fauna
• Consuming all available food sources