Award Winning Outreach Program!
Books & Lesson Plans
All lesson plans align to National and California Science Standards. Some also align to Florida Science Standards.
- PreK – 2nd Grade:
- Book – A New Home for an Old Friend – PreK – 2nd Grade (pdf) (order hard copy: USCSG-ME-01-2009)
- Lesson Plans – A New Home for an Old Friend – K-2nd Grade Standard Correlated Lesson Plans – Understanding and preventing invasive organisms (word document)
- PowerPoint Presentation – A New Home for and Old Friend – Presentation contains background on two invasive species discussed in the book (ppt)
- 3rd – 6th Grade:
- 9th – 12th Grade:
- Lesson Plans – How do we manage killer algae? 10th – 11th Grade Standard Correlated Lesson Plans (pdf)
- Lesson Plans – Field Activity – Caulerpa Hunt
- Caulerpa Species Identification Key (pdf)
- Species Commonly Confused with Caulerpa (pdf)
- Spaghetti algae fact sheet (Chaetomorpha) (pdf)
- Don’t Release a Pest (pdf)
USC Sea Grant Home