Practical Training That Enhances Work & Life Balance
CWFL offers free training in the form of lunch-and-learn workshops as well as in-service training for departments and workgroups.
We can help you as an individual as well as bring out the best in teams.
Departmental In-Service Training
The Center for Work & Family Life is a capable partner in meeting your in-service training needs, when you wish to enhance team functioning and promote wellness.
Some facts about our training capabilities:
- all training is free, with no cost to your department
- multiple sessions of the desired topic may be scheduled, to ensure that your operation remains open while staff rotate through the training
- workshops may be customized to meet your desired outcomes
Our Training Focus
CWFL in-service training helps individuals and teams integrate crucial skills, such as:
- Creating Your Personal Work/Life Balance Plan
- Manage Your Energy
- Breathing: The Natural Tranquilizer
- Fresh Ways to Stress Less
Psychologically Healthy Workplace
- Civility in the Workplace
- Generational Diversity in the Workplace
Selection of training topics is driven by a brief needs assessment, over the phone or in person, with one one of our professional staff, who will help you clarify the needs of your team or workgroup and suggest a training topic that will meet your desired outcomes.
Call the Center at
or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
CWFL offers year-round workshops on a variety of current and interesting topics.
Held at lunchtime on the UPC and HSC campuses, these workshops are a convenient way to learn more about integrating work-life balance and achieving your highest level of wellness.
All lunch-and-learns are free of charge, open to all USC staff, faculty and hospital personnel.
In the recent past, we've offered the following variety of workshop topics...
- Influence Without Authority
- Helping Each Other in Time of Need: Psychological First Aid
- Finding Forgiveness
- Sail Through Your Next Performance Evaluation
We also tailor some lunch-and-learn workshops for supervisors and managers, including some of these recent topics....
- How to Offer Constructive Criticism & Recognition (in performance meetings)
- Leading High Performance Teams (Employee Engagement)
Keep Current on our Workshop Calendar
In addition to our website calendar below, we also announce lunch-and-learns through the following outlets:
- We tweet our workshops on Twitter. Follow us at twitter.com/usc_cwfl
- We announce workshops in our monthly CWFL Updates email, which is published on the first business day of each month
- HSC-located workshops are also announced through HSC's paper & internet versions of The Weekly and the email-based Med Center E-News
Click on the graphic below to access our lunch-and-learn calendar