Note--Spring 2013 Provost Fellowship Recipients
USC Provost's Undergraduate Research Fellowships
I. Overview of the Program
University of Southern California
Grant Period: Summer 2013
The Office of the Provost will provide a limited number of fellowships for undergraduate research in Academic Year 2013-2014. Each undergraduate student funded by the program will receive a stipend in the amount of $3000 to support research in any academic field for a period of not less than eight weeks during the period May 14 through August 14. All full-time USC faculty engaged in research are eligible to serve as faculty supervisors.
II. Eligibility Requirements for Students
- Enrollment at USC during Fall 2013 in a program leading to an undergraduate degree.
- USC cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better. Preference will be given to students whose USC cumulative GPA is 3.5 or better.
III. Application Process
- Submission of the undergraduate research fellowship application form, including a one-page description of the intended research project. When submitting one-page description, please name your file as "LastName_FirstName PF 20132 Project Description" before you send it to us via email.
- Submission of the one-page faculty supervisor recommendation form. Please note faculty supervisor recommendation letters are only valid for one year. Faculty may submit their recommendation letters either via campus mail, hand delivery or via email as a pdf attachment (preferred). Faculty whose recommendation letters that are less than a year are encouraged to download a copy of the form and write “use faculty recommendation already on file in your office" before sending it to us via email.
- Agreement from Summer 2013 recipients to file a two-page summary of the completed research project on or before September 13, 2013. Students who submit two-page summaries of their completed research are encouraged to name their report as "LastName_FirstName PF 20132 Final Summary Rpt" before submitting it to us via email.
Completed on-line applications should be submitted to the Office of Undergraduate Programs in GFS 227 by March 29, 2013.
If you have any questions about the Summer 2013 research grants, please feel free to contact David Glasgow via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (213) 740-6146.
To be considered for a Summer 2013 Provost Fellowship, you must submit your two-page summary report AND A NEW APPLICATION by March 29, 2013. Please name your Spring 2013 Provost report as "LastName_FirstName PF 20131 Final Summary Rpt" before submitting it to us via email. The deadline for Spring 2013 recipients who do not plan to apply for a Summer 2013 Provost Fellowship is May 13, 2013.